Tuesday, April 30, 2013

[17 days left] my little robot

An old friend of ours from California was in town this weekend. We strolled down the streets of Georgetown, and stumbled upon event tents for the Women's Nike Marathon. It was a pretty cool experience. They had a lot of freebies. I probably would've enjoyed it more if I was actually a runner.

After being pleasantly distracted, we made a pit stop at Baked and Wired. The weather was gorgeous so we enjoyed our cupcakes and chai latte outside.

We entered several shops, but I didn't purchase anything. This necklace from Urban Outfitters did catch my eye though. I like this concept for a couple better than two pieces of a heart since a relationship should include God. So the three points signify God, girl, and guy.


"You're the other half of my triangle"

That night we signed up for salsa lessons. We learned a Cuban style of salsa. I would've never thought I'd be dancing salsa with some strangers. It was a fun experience nevertheless. One thing to cross off my bucket list, if I had one that is.

The next day we all went to Great Falls to hike. Aside from the swarms of gnats and other insects flying around, I had a great time. It was a wonderful company to be with.

Alas, Saturday came, and I was scheduled to do some baking with ladies from church for our fundraiser. Who knew this would be an all-day event? We didn't exactly know what we got ourselves into, but I got to eat at Kenny's again so that was a plus. Also, it was good bonding time with those girls. Praise God it all turned out successfully. We didn't think we'd have enough people to "sell" them to, but in the end we gave away all of our goodie bags.



Lots of doki-doki this weekend.

No comments: